EgyptWatch is proud to present, at the 10th anniversary of the Rabaa massacre, the UK premiere of “Memories of a Massacre”, an award-winning documentary film following the Rabaa massacre in Egypt.
The premier will be at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA). Thursday, 3rd August, at 6:00 PM. The documentary will showcase exclusive first-hand testimonies of survivors and eyewitnesses, including Craig Summers – head of security at Sky News; Mosa’ab Elshamy – AP Photojournalist and David Kirkpatrick, New York Times Cairo bureau chief at the time of the massacre.
Following the screening, there will be a panel discussion with the following prominent speakers:
- Crispin Blunt, Conservative Member of the British Parliament, and the Former House of Commons Foreign Affairs Select Committee Chairman.
- Dalia Fahmy, Associate Professor of Political Science at Long Island University, USA.
- Peter Oborne, Award-winning British journalist, columnist, author, and commentator on politics for television and Radio
- Amr Magdi, Senior Researcher, Middle East and North Africa Division at Human Rights Watch.
- Elizabeth Nugnet, Assistant Professor of Politics at Princeton University, USA.
- Khaled Shalaby, Eyewitness to the Rabaa Massacre, and Journalist at Middle East Eye.
Moderated by: Osama Gaweesh, Editor-in-Chief at EgyptWatch, TV Anchor, and Eyewitness to the Rabaa Massacre.
Book your tickets by click here.