Egyptian and Arab political and press sources said that Sudan has handed over dozens of members of the Muslim Brotherhood residing on its land, including a man, his wife, and children. Hundreds of others are being held and interrogated before handing them over to Egypt. Sudanese newspapers and Egyptian human rights defenders had announced the news of Sudan handing over 21 people wanted by the Egyptian security services on June 20, before the number rose to 27, while Sudanese sources said that 32 others were also being prepared for extradition to Egypt. And the journalist Haitham Abu Khalil published, through his accounts on social media, some of the names who were handed over: Issam Abdel Majid Diab Sayed, Akram Abdel Badi Ahmed Mahmoud, Mohamed Ibrahim, Mona Saeed Jadallah, Youssef Mohamed Ibrahim, and Ibrahim Mohamed Ibrahim.
Amid an official blackout on the details, some sources indicated that a man, his wife, and his children are among these names. This person is likely “Wadah Hisham Nour El-Din Abdullah”, who had been kidnapped and hidden while going to one of the official departments in Sudan to end His travel procedures to Turkey. Before he disappeared, he had obtained a visa for himself, his wife, and his children to go to Istanbul. In a follow-up to the event, Sudanese and Arab newspapers published the news of the extradition of 5 wanted Brotherhood members, bringing the number of deportees to Egypt to 27. The sources indicated another list of 32 other people that the Sudanese authorities intend to deport to Egypt within days.
The sources indicated that the Sudanese security services are detaining hundreds of members of the Egyptian Brotherhood accused of belonging to the “Hasm and Walaa Al-thawra” movements, which are classified as terrorist movements in Egypt, and they are being investigated before they are handed over to Egypt according to secret security agreements between the two countries. Sudanese sources said that some of the individuals handed over to Egypt participated in clashes with Sudanese intelligence officers in the Jabra area, south of the capital, Khartoum, during a security operation in the area.
The Sudanese security services had said that these violent clashes had killed 5 Sudanese officers. At the same time, some of the participants in those events were arrested. Then found that they held Egyptian citizenship, while sources from within the Brotherhood questioned that information. It is clear from the announced names that Akram Abdel Badie was handed over, who was sentenced to death in absentia in Egypt for his attempted bombing near the Suez Canal in 2009. He was also accused in the so-called Mansoura organization case, which caused the bombing of the Dakahlia Security Directorate in 2013, which resulted in the killing of 16 people.
Activists warned against a repeat of what happened to “Hossam Salam,” a member of the Brotherhood accused of establishing the Hasm movement, who was arrested by the Egyptian authorities at Luxor Airport last January while on his way to Turkey, were reported a sudden malfunction on the plane after takeoff. From Khartoum Airport and activating the alarms, the pilot made an emergency landing at Luxor Airport, where some Egyptian security personnel boarded and arrested Hossam. Human Rights Watch stated Hossam’s arrest, saying that the Egyptian authorities had hidden him amid fears that he would be subjected to torture.
The Sudanese authorities had arrested more than 70 members of the Brotherhood, and some of them were handed over to Cairo, including; Fawzi Abu Al-Fath Al-Fiqi, Mahmoud Fawzi Abu Al-Fateh Al-Fiqi, Taha Abdel Salam Al-Mujais, Yasser Hassanein, Muhammad Al-Sharif, Youssef Harbi, and Abdel Hadi Shalaby. As well as Ahmed Abdel Meguid and Mustafa Tantawy, the two main suspects in the attempted assassination of the former Alexandria Security Director, Major General Mustafa El-Nimr.